Activities for all
The village of Espelette is at the foot of the mountain. You can go for a hike, bike ride or horseback ride. You can practice many sporting activities a few minutes' drive away: climbing, rafting, Basque pelota, golf, fishing, etc. Go to the Tourist Office to find out all the good addresses nearby.
The year in Espelette is punctuated by many events and festivities where locals and travelers meet and share this passion for the Basque Country:
- Pottoks Fair: the last Tuesday and Wednesday of January
- Course des Crêtes: 20 or 25 kilometers in the mountains, the first Saturday in July
- Gayargi Festival “Children and Dances of the World”: mid-July
- Local patronal festivals (4 days): last Sunday of July or first of August
- Chilli Festival: last Sunday in October
Our team knows the region and will be able to tell you the best activities, the most beautiful walks, the must-see visits and the unmissable dates. We know the region perfectly and we will share with you all our tourist advice. We love our beautiful region and we will reveal all its secrets to you.